Spot Motions of a Journey
Sweet Travels is dedicated to the phenomenon of travelling. It’s about being on the road, about tourism and journeys. In 2018 and 2019, we – Mischa & Simone – had the opportunity to visit some countries. On our trip we didn’t want to have too many plans. We wanted to be driven by our curiosity and our intuition. But one goal was to find interesting topics for being presented on radio.
We got in touch with interesting people, who told us their opinion about political, social, ecological and cultural issues in their home countries. We’d like to tell stories from the perspective and voices of the people we met.
How does Local String Band in Vanuatu sound?
How is the legal situation of the indigenous people in Australia?
What challenges do artists face in Bangladesh, to be an artist?
What does wine from Nashik in India taste like?
How does waste management work in Indonesia?
Is it appropriate to visit the nuclear power plant of Tschernobyl – Ukraine – in a moral sense?
How is life in Pridnestrovie (Transnistria), a post-Soviet republic and “frozen conflict” zone?
What is „Yugonostalgia“, and how is it shown in Serbia, Montenegro or Bosnia-Herzegowina?
We travelled through different countries and regions, with different transport facilities, with various plans and ideas. Sometimes we slept in hotels, another time we used internet platforms like couchsurfing or airbnb, again another time we worked through workaway on farms and helped out in a school. On the one hand, we want you to be open minded for travelling, on the other hand we want to share a critical perspective on travelling.
What does travelling mean nowadays, who are the people who are actually able to travel?
What are differences of male and female travellers?
How is sustainable travelling or tourism possible?
How is it to be a vegetarian on a journey?
To be with or without internet on your trip?
And what about your expectations, preparations, and flexibility on a journey?
Sweet Travels is a reflection of our journey, and it is a reflection of the phenomenon of travelling in general. Sweet Travels invites you to take part of this reflection.
Logo-Design by Katharina Wagner
Jingle-Sound (“hunting2”) by neolein (https://freesound.org/people/neolein/)
“People travel to remember that they do not know everything and that the world is bigger, more mysterious and more exciting than it seems.” (Alain de Botton)weniger anzeigen
Alle 24 Folgen
- Reflexionen über’s Reisen und über 1½ Jahre Sweet Travels aus der Sendereihe „Sweet Travels“ 23.05.2021 | Orange 94.0
- Hasan Hasanović: „Surviving Srebrenica“ aus der Sendereihe „Sweet Travels“ 26.04.2021 | Orange 94.0
- 1.425 days: The siege of Sarajevo aus der Sendereihe „Sweet Travels“ 11.04.2021 | Orange 94.0
- Transnistria – Pridnestrovie: a country that does not exist? aus der Sendereihe „Sweet Travels“ 28.03.2021 | Orange 94.0
- Chernobyl – tourist attraction or memorial site? aus der Sendereihe „Sweet Travels“ 25.01.2021 | Orange 94.0
- A Musical Sweet Travels Tour through our destinations aus der Sendereihe „Sweet Travels“ 27.12.2020 | Orange 94.0
- About Couchsurfing and friends – on the road & at home aus der Sendereihe „Sweet Travels“ 13.12.2020 | Orange 94.0
- Die Ursprünge des Reisens und des Tourismus aus der Sendereihe „Sweet Travels“ 23.11.2020 | Orange 94.0
- Crossing Borders – Grenzüberschreitungen: Reflexionen zum Reisen aus der Sendereihe „Sweet Travels“ 16.10.2020 | Orange 94.0
- Indonesia: About society, politics and tourism aus der Sendereihe „Sweet Travels“ 27.09.2020 | Orange 94.0